Instruments are sterilized in a four-step process that includes:
1. Manual cleansing to remove deposits and residue.
2. Sterilization in an ultrasonic cleaner which operates at different frequencies, depending on the type of instrument being sterilized.
3. A solution (5% dodecyl-dipropylene-triamine & trialkyl ethoxy-ammonium-proclinate) is used in this step.
4. Packaging in sealed pouches after instruments are dried.
5. Capturing the date of packaging & expiry date of the sterilized instruments in sealed pouches.
6. Placement of sealed pouches in an autoclave that uses pressurized heat to guarantee 100% sterilization.